To be connected, there are three things that will be shared:
- Shared Experience (got to do something together)
- Shared Knowledge (got to communicate with each other)
- Shared Results (got to agree on the outcome of your time together)
To make sure you are connected to your child, you could ask a few simple questions:
- Did you have as much fun as I did?
- What did you enjoy doing most today?
- What did you learn today?
- Can we do this again sometime?
- What else would you like to do?
And you could say a few things to your child too:
- I really enjoyed being with you today!
- I liked going there with you.
- I wouldn’t have wanted to be anywhere else today.
- I’m proud of how you behaved today.
- Let’s do that again sometime!